MaxGen Energy Services (http://maxgen.com/
) is the nation’s largest independent service provider for the clean energy industry.
MaxGen has two major lines of business. The first is the planning, design and construction of electric vehicle (EV) charging and battery energy infrastructure. MaxGen is a specialist in the market and serves many of major companies leading the electrification of passenger and fleet vehicles. The second line of business is comprehensive operations and maintenance services for solar, battery energy storage, and EV infrastructure owners and operators around the United States.
The company has a central operations center and a team of nation-wide highly-trained technicians to provide in-the-field O&M services for commercial, industrial, and utility customers and has a distinguished reputation for safety and performance
The Director of Field Operations will play a key role on our growing team and will be responsible for managing the Operations organization that provides construction services for EV charging stations and battery energy storage projects across the US. Typical commercial construction services include: safety preparations, demolition, excavation, new surface installation, grubbing and clearing of landscape, installation of electrical conduit (underground and surface mount), form and finish concrete footings and flatwork, installation of switchgear and electrical balance of system and installation of electric vehicle charging and battery energy storage systems.
The following responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Education and Experience
- Manage and oversee all aspects of the Construction services division and ensure work is completed timely and meets the company’s safety and quality standards and meets contractual service requirements.
- Team Leadership: Maintain accurate staffing plans, hire timely to meet the needs of the business, ensure all team members are properly trained, have clear goals and objectives and managed to deliver results that meet Company standards and requirements.
- Drive positive safety culture: Ensure proper safety policies are in place, trained, and always adhered to. Conduct periodic site safety assessments and identify all safety hazards on job-site
- Utilize a cloud-based service construction management platform to monitor activities.
- Communicate with internal and external customers as required.
- Interface and coordinate with the MaxGen Engineering team on all design build projects.
- Generate and present concise and coherent reports and presentations to senior level management and executives.
- Coordinate with other business functions as needed to fulfill contractual requirement and to communicate with the customers.
- Identify, onboard, and manage subcontractors as needed.
- Develop strategy for entry in to new markets/regions.
- Coordinate and strategize entry in to new markets.
- Pre-job cost estimates and managing projects within pre-approved budgets.
- Operational budget for field construction including vehicles and construction equipment.
- Complete and conduct required personnel performance reviews within designated time frame.
- Manage and implement continued efficiencies to increase production and margin.
- Document and create process to train project management and field staff.
- Customer support and dispute resolution from field escalations.
- Position may require after hours and weekend availability at times to manage escalations and support meeting critical customer deadlines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or advanced degree preferred
- PMP or similar desired but not required
- Five or more (5+) years of electrical equipment installation experience; especially in wireless, renewable or electric vehicle infrastructure and large-scale programs
- Five or more (5+) years in progressively broader manager roles, leading multiple groups, departments, and team
- Five or more (5+) years of budget accountability
- Executive presence, strong Interpersonal and Verbal Communication Skills
- Valid drivers license and the ability to obtain coverage on our insurance
Skills and Experience
Ideal Candidate will have:
- Experience in electric vehicle charging infrastructure installation
- Experience working with utilities for service, transformer and circuit upgrades
- Strong organization and positive leadership skills. Ability to manage a distributed team of project and construction managers across the US.
- Construction Business Management experience including: P&L, budget management, construction estimating/contracts
- Strong work ethic, self-starter and can work without direct supervision.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing, multi-cultural environment.
- Experience interviewing and hiring a talented and skilled team to perform field construction work in the renewables space.
- Strong electrical, electronic and mechanical knowledge of electric vehicle charging systems, battery energy storage systems, photovoltaic and related applications. Knowledge of National Electrical Code and of Building Code
- General understanding of contractor’s license law.
- Excellent technical and non-technical verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience using a construction and project management software system to generate, track, and complete site work requirements (Procore preferred).
- Strong understanding of OSHA safety requirements including LOTO, Arc Flash, JHA/JSA, etc.
- Strong computer, MS Excel, and MS Office skills.
- Travel required.
- Long work hours as needed to support required work and meet deadlines
- Wearing personal protective equipment (PPE), including hard hat and safety glasses as necessary
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Office and field environment.
- Possess good vision (natural or corrected)
- Upon acceptance of offer, candidates must be able to successfully complete background check and Drug Screening and have the ability to maintain continuous coverage on company auto insurance plans.
MaxGen is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.