MaxGen Energy Services (http://maxgenservices.com/
) is dedicated to developing, maintaining, and operating infrastructure that supports alternative energy technologies.
MaxGen has considerable experience with the development, design, installation, and maintenance of electric vehicle service equipment (EVSE) and battery energy storage systems (BESS). As an OEM service provider to many manufacturers, MaxGen has amassed industry-leading experience with EVSE and BESS installations.
Primary responsibility will be generating design layouts on site plans and enlarged views of area of work (scaled) for plan check set. Knowledge of structural engineering for equipment foundation design a plus. Drawing(s) are created from verbal, hand sketched, and/or information collected in the field from Maxgen and subcontracting survey firms. The candidate should be familiar with applicable Building Codes(s) for the site design plan.
- Performs calculations for basic earthwork, drainage, grading, and / or structural analysis.
- Coordination with Survey and development of Grading Plans in AutoCAD
- Development of ADA compliant Electric Vehicle infrastructure including equipment access and path of travel.
- Works closely with team members to gain understanding of project requirements and tasks as well as office procedures, policies, and guidelines.
- Knowledge of existing utility, building code, and municipal requirements.
- Able to develop a working construction drawing set in conjunction with designers to develop permit documents for Electric Vehicle infrastructure.
- Sets an example and may coach less experienced colleagues in technical procedures within the company and encourages professional growth in others.
Must have 2-5 years of direct experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET/EAC Accredited program.
- EIT required. PE Preferred
- Experience with Site Grading, Earthwork Calculations, Road Design, Drainage, (Calculations and reports) Utility layout and sizing, technical Report Writing
- Previous experience in putting together plan set packages and providing redlines for drafters
- Experience working in Electrical Vehicle Infrastructure Design and PV Solar a plus.
- Electrical drawing knowledge.
- Electrical/Structural experience is a plus.
- Must have very strong demonstrated skill in the use of CAD software in CAD 2010 through 2013.
- Must be able to interpret a hand sketch and verbal information into drawing.
- Must be computer literate (complete MS office suite).
- Procore project management software a plus.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast pace environment with deadlines.
- Must be able to work efficiently under minimal supervision once given direction.
- Must be detail oriented, organized, and be able to set and achieve goals.
- Must be able to prioritize work load depending on jobs deadlines.
- Must be able to work as part of a team.
- Ability to recommend process, technical, & training improvements based around work flow a plus.
- Be able to communicate both in verbal and written form in a professional manner directly with clients
- Normal Office Environment,
- Constantly operates a computer and other office equipment
- Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc
- Frequently communicates with employees and customers
- Some travel may be required (<10%)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills requires of personnel.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
MaxGen is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.